The City of Carmi will host an electronics recycling event for Carmi and White County residents only on Saturday, March 26, from 9am-noon at 520 North 3rd Street in Carmi.
CJD E-Cycling is requiring the following safety procedures:
Materials to be recycled must be in the hatchback area or trunk of the vehicle. Items placed in passenger seats or back seats will not be accepted.
You will remain in the vehicle and their workers will unload for you. You will unlock/open the trunk from inside the vehicle to allow worker to unload. If you are not comfortable allowing CJD E-Cycling workers to unload the recyclable materials from your car (the truck or hatch back area) then please do not attend this event.
Current CDC guidelines will be followed.
All small loose electronics, cables, cords, remotes, etc. must be bagged and tied closed.
If you are under quarantine or isolation protocol are not allowed to attend the event. If you have had COVID-19 in your household, you must be symptom free for at least two weeks before delivering your electronics to a recycling drop-off or event. In addition, do not attend the event if you are experiencing the following symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, sore throat, headache, rigors, myalgia, loss of taste, loss of smell, or have been exposed to someone that has tested positive for COVID
Accepted items at the event include:
· CRT, Projection, Plasma, Flat Screen, Console TVs, & Flat screen monitors
· Computers (towers and laptops), printers, cables and peripherals (keyboards, mice, etc.)
· Fax machines, scanners, digital converter boxes, cable receivers, satellite receivers
· Networking equipment, server, telecommunications, phones, cell phones, etc.
· Medical equipment and all types of diagnostic equipment (Please call to verify equipment can be accepted.)
· Industrial machinery and equipment
· Electrical, cabling, communication machinery, and equipment
· VCR, stereos, and audio/video equipment (including cable/satellite)
· Home electronics, blenders, toasters, irons, etc.
· Video game consoles, digital video disc player/recorders, portable digital music players
· Non-ferrous metals
· Metal office furniture (Metal Desks/File cabinets, etc.)
· Air conditioners, refrigerators, and dehumidifiers
· Old motors other electrical equipment
· CRT monitor or & flat screen monitors
If you have questions about items not listed, please contact CJD E-Cycling at 618-221-6234.
Those with questions for the City of Carmi, or seeking additional information, should contact Holly at 618-384-2001 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. The City of Carmi would also like to remind local residents that dumping or leaving items at the site prior to or after recycling event will result in