SPRINGFIELD, IL…State Representative Adam Niemerg (R-Dieterich) and his colleagues in the House Republican Caucus this week launched a comprehensive platform called Reimagine Illinois. The plan outlines House Republicans’ priorities for the 102nd General Assembly and asks Illinoisans to ‘Reimagine’ their State government if certain public policy goals are met.
- Imagine an Illinois where corruption isn’t making headlines and lawmakers are held accountable.
- Imagine an Illinois with a clean, honest, transparent State government.
- Imagine an Illinois where leaders take their fiscal responsibility seriously, watching every penny instead of raising taxes, increasing spending, and piling up debt year-after-year.
- Imagine an Illinois where every community has good paying jobs, access to healthcare and educational opportunities that work for all students.
- Imagine an Illinois where all neighborhoods are free of senseless violence and our streets are safeplaces for our kids to grow up.
Reimagine Illinois consists of four components, each of which includes a list of introduced bills to reflect those initiatives:
• Ending the culture of corruption
• Responsible fiscal leadership
• Growing jobs and opportunities for our families
• Ensuring public safety
A multi-faceted website – ReimagineIllinois.com – includes various tools for the public to learn about the platform by downloading PDFS, watching member video summaries and signing a petition to get engaged.
“This plan is exactly the leadership Illinois needs to move us out of the same old failed policies and ways of conducting the business of the people,” said Rep. Adam Niemerg. “I am proud to join my Republican colleagues to fight for our state and make the decisions that will be better for our families and economic opportunities for everyone.”
House Republican Leader Jim Durkin says he is proud to lead a caucus with a bold vision and solid legislative agenda to achieve policy goals to improve Illinois.
“After the November election, I tasked a select group of members to collaborate and develop a path towards a better Illinois,” Durkin said. “Illinoisans made a strong, if not deafening, statement in November that they want real change, and the House Republicans listened. It’s time to reimagine Illinois, and make it a better
place for all of us.”
Rep. Niemerg and the members of the Republican Caucus believe that this Reimagine Illinois plan reflects the values and concerns of working families across Illinois by addressing long standing problems that plague our state, including public safety concerns, access to critical health care needs, long-term debt and deficit
issues, the highest combined taxes in the nation, and tackling public corruption.
“Our critics accuse us of not having a plan and that they are the only ones who can help Illinoisans with their failed policies. Well, we have a bold, detailed, and common-sense plan, Reimagine Illinois, that will make Illinois a better place to live, work, and raise a family,” added Rep. Niemerg. “We have viable solutions to address the systemic problems with honest budgeting, public pension reforms, and fighting corruption.”