Hamilton County Health Department Press Release – COVID-19
For Immediate Release 6/30/2020 – 11:30 am
Hamilton County Health Department has been notified of one additional positive case of COVID-19 in the last 24 hours in Hamilton County residents.
Female in her 60’s
• There have been five lab-confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 in Hamilton County.
• Two people have recovered.
• Two people are currently isolating at home
• One person is currently hospitalized.
• Hamilton County has done a total of 359 total tests with 354 negative test results as of this afternoon.
Hamilton County Health Department continues to investigate each case ensuring the isolation of the positive patient. In addition, Hamilton County Health Department places close contacts that have had exposure to the positive patient
on quarantine for a minimum of 14 days. This would allow sypmtoms to develop and pass without posing risk to others. If you are contacted by public health officials, please respond promptly.
The number of cases can be reduced by adhering to the Restore Illinois recommendations, washing hands frequently, disinfecting commonly touched surfaces, and maintaining space of at least six feet from others.