City of Carmi, Illinois
City Council Meeting
City Council Chambers, 225 East Main Street
December 20, 2016 following Public Hearing at 5:15 p.m.
(Public Hearing: Vacate a Portion of the Intersection of Walnut and Ratcliffe Streets)
1. Public Hearing: 5:15 p.m. Vacate a Portion of the Intersection of Walnut and Ratcliffe Streets
2. Call to order by Mayor Pollard, Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Roll Call.
4. Approve December 6th, 2016 Council Meeting Minutes.
5. Approve November 2016 Financial Reports for the City of Carmi and Light & Water Departments.
6. Approve and authorize December 2016 vendor invoices for the City of Carmi and Light & Water Departments.
7. For council consideration, discussion and possible approval:
a) Ordinance No. 1519, an Ordinance to Vacate a Portion of the Intersection of Walnut and Ratcliffe Streets in the City of Carmi, Illinois
b) Authorize City Attorney Greg Stewart to prepare a corrected deed for St. Polycarp Cemetery regarding legal description from the City of Carmi.
c) Josh and Megan Harms DBA Harms Construction will ask council to approve their application for a $37,500 loan from the City of Carmi’s revolving loan fund.
d) Ordinance No. 1520, an Ordinance approving TIF #2 Redevelopment Agreement #1 between the City of Carmi, White county, Illinois and Josh Harms DBA Harms Construction.
e) Renewal of risk management insurance for the City of Carmi for the period of January 1, 2017 through December 31, 2017 from Arthur J. Gallagher Risk Management Services, Inc.
8. Reports and/or updates from Mayor Pollard.
9. Reports from Standing Committees.
10. Business or comments from visitors.
11. Closed Session to discuss personnel and property issues with no action to follow.