WASHINGTON, Dec. 3, 2020 – U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Natural Resources Conservation Service and nine public-private partners will announce the selection of their national 2020 Certified Crop Adviser Conservationist of the Year during a virtual live event on December 8. The winner is a certified crop adviser from southeast Illinois. The American Society of Agronomy and the National Association of Conservation Districts, two of the partners, administer the annual award.
WHAT: Recognition of the 2020 Certified Crop Adviser Conservationist of the Year
WHEN: Tuesday, Dec. 8, 2020 10:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time
- Bill Northey, Under Secretary, Farm Production and Conservation, USDA
- Kevin Norton, Acting Chief, Natural Resources Conservation Service, USDA
- Karl Anderson, Director, Government Relations, American Society of Agronomy, Crop Science Society of America and Soil Science Society of America
- Steve Hnetkovsky, Assistant Professor of Agriculture, Wabash Community College, Mt. Carmel, Illinois
- Jeremy Peters, Chief Executive Officer, National Association of Conservation Districts
WHERE: Please respond to FPAC.BC.Press@usda.gov to obtain a link to join the event.