Current Weather

Most Property Taxes are Paid in White County; Deadline Approaching for Remaining 2 Percent

Time is running out to get your taxes paid in White County.  The good news, according to White County Treasurer Mike Baxley, is that about 98% of the 2022 payable 2023 property taxes are in.  For that remaining 2% of folks however, the deadline is approaching with the tax sale date set for February 2nd.  The last day to pay taxes and keep your property out of the tax sale is February 1st.  The office will be closed on the 2nd while the tax sale is in progress.  Baxley says at this point, tax payers have three options for payment including cash, cashiers check, or money order.  The deadline to participate in the tax sale is Monday, January 22nd.  There is a $50 fee to register for the tax sale.  You can reach the County Treasurer’s office by calling 618-382-8122.

1 comment
  1. Saying what everyone is thinking
    Saying what everyone is thinking
    January 20, 2024 at 10:13 am

    Taxation is theft plain and simple. The government is the mafia. We ain’t free. We are slaves.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *