The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today announced 986 new cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 42 additional deaths. Locally, we’re still on just 1 case in Saline County Illinois. Gallatin, White, Hamilton, Wayne and Edwards Counties in Illinois are all still clean as of 3:15pm (4/1/20). Across the river in Posey County, there are 4 confirmed positive cases. Elsewhere in the Hoosier state, there are 18 cases we know about in Vanderburgh County, 8 in Warrick, 4 in Gibson and 3 in Dubois County.
New cases in Illinois today include:
– Carroll County: 1 male 80s
– Cook County: 1 male 20s, 2 males 30s, 2 males 40s, 1 male 50s, 1 female 50s, 3 males 60s, 2 females 60s, 5 males 70s, 3 females 70s, 3 male 80s, 4 females 80s, 1 female 90s, 1 female 100s. (5 incomplete data)
– DuPage County: 1 female 60s, 1 female 70s
– Kane County: 1 female 90s
– Lake County: 1 male 50s
– Sangamon County: 1 male 90s
– Will County: 1 male 60s
– Winnebago County: 1 male 60s
Massac and Vermilion counties are now reporting cases. Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 6,980 cases, including 141 deaths, in 56 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years.
*All data is provisional and will change.