Hamilton County Health Department has been notified of one additional positive case of COVID-19 in the last 24 hours in Hamilton County residents, a female in her 20’s.
• There have been six lab-confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 in Hamilton County.
• Three people have recovered.
• Two people are currently isolating at home
• One person is currently hospitalized.
• Hamilton County has done a total of 390 tests with 384 negative test results as of this advisory.
Hamilton County Health Department continues to investigate each case ensuring the isolation of the positive patient. In addition, Hamilton County Health Department places close contacts that have had exposure to the positive patient
on quarantine for a minimum of 14 days. This would allow symptoms to develop and pass without posing risk to others. If you are contacted by public health officials, please respond promptly. The number of cases can be reduced by adhering to the Restore Illinois recommendations, washing hands frequently, disinfecting commonly touched
surfaces, and maintaining space of at least six feet from others. Refer to trusted sources for information including WROY/WRUL Radio, the Hamilton County Health Department Facebook page, Illinios Department of Public Health, and CDC.