Fire Destroys Crossville Home
Thanks to a working fire alarm, a Crossville family escaped an early morning fire Wednesday, but their home is considered a total loss.
The home, owned by Amber Walkenbach and Jason West, broke out in flames around 2:30 Wednesday morning. The family heard the smoke alarm and escaped from the home prior to the arrival of the fire department.
The Crossville Fire Department was assisted by several area fire departments in combating the blaze.
Helping combat the blaze were fire trucks and crews from Carmi, Little Wabash, Browns, New Harmony, Griffin, Wadesville and Mt. Carmel.
Indications are the fire was caused by an electrical problem
Although not confirmed by WROY News, it is believed the Crossville Bank has information about the needs of the family, including size of clothes that will be needed.