Hamilton County Health Department has been notified of one additional positive case of COVID-19 in the last 24 hours in Hamilton County residents:
Female in her 80’s
• There have been eight lab-confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 in Hamilton County.
• Five people are considered recovered.
• Two people are currently isolating.
• One is currently hospitalized.
• Hamilton County has done a total of 466 tests with 458 negative test results as of the release of this Advisory.
Hamilton County Health Department continues to investigate each case ensuring the isolation of the positive patient. In addition, Hamilton County Health Department places close contacts that have had exposure to the positive patient
on quarantine for a minimum of 14 days. This would allow symptoms to develop and pass without posing risk to others. If you are contacted by public health officials, please respond promptly.
Close contacts my include individuals:
• Living in the same household as a sick person with COVID-19
• Caring for a sick person with COVID-19
• Being within six feet of a sick person with COVID-19 for about 15 minutes, OR
• Being in direct contact with secretions from a sick person with COVID-19 (e.g., being coughed on, kissing, sharing utensils, etc.)
As a precaution, if an individual has been tested for COVID-19, it’s advised they self-quarantine until their test results are received. If the test result is positive, that person will then also be contacted by the Hamilton County Health
The number of cases can be reduced by adhering to the Restore Illinois recommendations, washing hands frequently, disinfecting commonly touched surfaces, and maintaining space of at least six feet from others.
The public is asked to follow and share trusted sources of information on COVID19. The spread of incorrect information during disease outbreaks can lead people to take actions which may not be beneficial to their health or health of others.
Refer to trusted sources such as WROY/WRUL, the Hamilton County Health Deaprtment’s Facebook page, Illinios Department of Public Health, and the CDC. The Illinois Department of Public Health has established a 24-hour COVID-19 hotline 1-800-889-3931.