Fairfield Memorial Hospital continues to be designated as a cooling center for residents in Wayne County. The hospital cafeteria is open from 6:30am to 8:30pm for people needing relief from the extreme heat. Ice water and ice tea will be available to all visitors. Fairfield Memorial Hospital will continue to be the designated cooling center while the temperature or heat index remains in the triple digits throughout the summer.
Keeping Cool Tips
* Stay in air-conditioned space at home, or at a cooling center.
* Drink lots of water and natural juices.
* Keep shades drawn and blinds closed.
* Stay out of the sun and avoid going out in the heat.
* Keep electric lights off or turned down.
* Take cool baths or showers.
* Wear loose, light cotton clothing.
* Do not eat heavy meals. Avoid cooking with your oven.
* Do not sit in a hot car, even for a short time. Never leave a child in a hot car.
* Check on family members, friends and neighbors to make sure they stay cool and safe.
* If you or anyone you know needs emergency medical attention, call 911.