The 2016 Lighted Christmas Parade will begin at 6 p.m. on November 26. Entries are as follows:
1. Carmi Police/ Fire Department
2. Color Guard
3. Carmi Fire Department
4. Mayor Jeff Pollard
5. Miss White County Christmas Abbie Bryant
6. Junior Miss White County Christmas Jasmine Allen
7. Little Miss White County Christmas Brianna Hale
8. Tiny Miss White County Christmas Kenley Davis
9. Baby Miss White County Christmas Sophie Lucas
10. CWCHS Band
11. Southern Illinois Showstoppers
12. White County Historical Society
13. Miss Illinois Teen USA Olivia Bohleber
14. Little Miss Mule Day Abbagail Mobley, Mule Day Princess Whitley Jordan, Mule Day Princess 1st Runner Up Cori Jordan
16. Joyner Therapy Services
17. Peoples National Bank
18. H and R Block
19. Slayton Wireless
20. Carmi Lions Club
22. Girl Scouts
23. Miss White County Whitley Verble
24. Jr. Miss White County Emily McGhee
25. Little Miss White County Remi Taylor
Those wishing to participate in the parade, but have not yet made an entry, should contact the Chamber office at 618-382-7606 by 2 p.m. on Wednesday, November 23.
Line- up will begin at 5pm with the parade departing at 6pm from the First Baptist Church parking lot (west of the building). Floats will travel down Oak to Third Street. At Third, the parade will turn north (left) and proceed to Stewart Street.
At Stewart Street, the parade will turn east (right) and proceed to Cherry Street. The parade will turn east (left) on Cherry Street and travel to Main Cross Street. At Main Cross, the parade will turn right and proceed to Veteran’s Memorial Park.
The Tree Lighting will be held immediately following the parade at Veteran’s Park. Santa will then visit with the children at his house which will be located on Main Cross Street until 9 pm.