City of Carmi, Illinois
City Council Meeting
City Council Chambers, 225 East Main Street
January 16, 2018 at 5:30p.m.
1. Call to order by Mayor Pollard, Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Roll Call.
3. Approve January 2nd, 2018, Council Meeting Minutes.
4. Approve December 2017 Financial Reports for the City of Carmi and Light & Water Departments.
5. Approve and authorize January 2018 vendor invoices for the City of Carmi and Light & Water Departments.
6. For council consideration, discussion and possible approval:
a) Approve Brown and Roberts as qualified design and construction engineering firm for the EDA Industrial Avenue grant, if awarded.
b) Resolution 01.16.18; A resolution of support and commitment of funds for Industrial Avenue EDA Grant.
c) David Andreas to present renewal of the agreement with Mutual Medical Plans, Inc. to serve as the City of Carmi’s third party administrator for the health insurance plan from 02/01/2018 to 01/31/2019.
d) The Police Department Committee will ask for the council to approve the purchase of a new squad vehicle for use by the Police Department with the purchase being made utilizing the state bid process.
e) David Coston, Electrical Engineer, to present to the council options for repair of engine #11 at the light plant.
7. Reports and/or updates from Mayor Pollard.
8. Reports from Standing Committees.
9. Business or comments from visitors.
10. Closed Session to discuss personnel and property with no action to follow.