City of Carmi, Illinois
City Council Meeting
City Council Chambers, 225 East Main Street
December 5, 2017, at 5:30 p.m.
1. Call to order by Mayor Pollard, Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Roll Call.
3. Approve November 21, 2017, Council Meeting Minutes.
4. For council consideration, discussion and possible approval:
a) Ordinance No. 1536, the Annual Property Tax Levy for the fiscal year January 1, 2017, through December 31, 2017 presented by City CPA Keith Botsch.
b) Ordinance No. 1537, Abating the 2017 Tax Levy for Payment of General Obligation Bonds, Series 2011A and Certificate of Abatement. (Note: There will be no tax levy for the electric system bond issue.)
c) Ordinance No. 1538, Abating the 2017 Tax Levy for Payment of General Obligation Bonds, Series 2011B and Certificate of Abatement. (Note: There will be no tax levy for the water system bond issue.)
d) Renewal of risk management insurance for the City of Carmi for the period of January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2018, from Arthur J. Gallagher Risk Management Services, Inc.
5. Reports and/or updates from Mayor Pollard
6. Reports from Standing Committees.
7. Business or comments from visitors.
8. Closed Session to discuss personnel issues with possible action to follow.