- The FAMILY OF FIGHTERS still have the COOKIN’ FOR A CURE COOKBOOKS available for purchase for $15. Contact Angie Lueke (618-383-2325) or Diana Gilpin (618-384-7131) to get yours today! Cookbooks will be available for purchase at the Dodgeball Tournament, Diggin for a Cure and Vendor/Craft Sale.
- CARMI HCE will have their annual BINGO FOR A CURE on March 12, 2016 at the Carmi VFW. Doors open at 5:00p.m., Bingo starts at 6:00p.m., $10 for 9 pack plus special game. Silent auction. Raffle – $1 per ticket of 6 for $5. Door prizes. Meal served for $5.00: Barbeque and/or Sloppy Joes, Chips with coffee or tea and HOMEMADE GOODIES. Contact Fran Mathaney at 618-383-6114 for more information.
- The annual CROSSVILLE WALK’N ROLLERS double elimination DODGEBALL TOURNAMENT will be held March 19, 2016 beginning at noon in Crossville. Registration deadline is March 16th. $75 per team for up to 10 players. There will be two divisions this year: ages 14-18 and ages 18-up. Refreshments will be sold on site: hot dogs, barbeque, nachos, chips, candy, sodas, gatorade, water, v8 and HOMEMADE GOODIES!! Contact Trish Pringle at 618-383-1889 or 618-966-2279 for your registration packet and/or more information.
- The HEALTHCARE HEALERS will be holding a VENDOR/CRAFT FAIR on April 9, 2016 beginning at 9:00a.m. at the Carmi Elk’s Lodge. Vendors include: Pampered Chef, Rodan and Fields, Thirty-One, Scentsy, Pipesology, Tupperware, Pink Zebra, Tastefully Simple, Younique, doTERRA, Mary Kay, Avon, Magnolia and Vine, Lule Roe, Pink Papaya, Your Inspiration at Home, Nerium, Jamberry, It Works, Usana, Yo Go Girls Charms. Lots of homemade items: Crochet, Wooden Signs and crafts, Hairbows, Paintings, Mesh Wreaths, etc. And to top it off, HOMEMADE GOODIES BAKE SALE!!! COOKIN’ FOR A CURE COOKBOOKS will be available to purchase for $15.
- The fourth annual DIGGIN FOR A CURE volleyball tournament is currently in the works. Teams of 6+ players, must have 2 girls on court at all times. $25 per player with a team cap of $150. Rally score like regular volleyball games. A date to be determined in the very near future. T-shirts can be pre-ordered at Logo Graphics for $10 (see design below – you do not have to be on a team to order these t-shirts) or create your own design for your team. Contact Becky Hiebert Wheeler on facebook for more information or to get your team registered.
- FAMILY OF FIGHTERS annual GOSPEL SING is currently being planned and we will have a date and time soon. Please contact Angie Lueke at 618-383-2325 for more information or to get your name in the program if your interested in showing your talents.
- HEALTHCARE HEALERS are having a t-shirt sale. They have two designs. Both t-shirts will be gray. “We Bled Maroon but We Relay Purple” or “Stomp out Cancer”. $17 each for youth sizes and adult sizes up to 2xl (3xl or bigger add $2). Stop by the Carmi Health Center, 103 Commerce Street to order your shirt before May 1, 2016.
REMINDER, that the public is welcome and encouraged to attend any and all Relay meetings the second Tuesday of every month at 5:30p.m. at the Carmi Public Library (basement). Contact Angie Lueke or Patty Hodgson or any Relay for Life team member for more information. See you at Relay June 17, 2016 at the White County Jr/Sr High School at 6:00p.m.