WRUL On Air Now
Kiki Garcia
12:00am - 4:00am
WROY On Air Now
Keith Summers
12:00am - 5:00am

White County Board elects David Dosher as Chairman

David Dosher was appointed as County Board Chairman, replacing Wes Trout, Donald Puckett was appointed vice-chairman and Ron Macanulty was recognized as new Board member. Dosher thanked Trout for his service to the County and hoped he would be able to do the job as well as he did. Dosher said the Board members will need to work together to try to balance the budget during these tough times. He also announced committee appointments.

County Engineer Brian Ray said they applied for and received a grant from IDOT in which the State will pay 90% of the cost for safety shoulders and rumble strips on Epworth Road for from Carmi to Route 141, a total cost of $1.66 million. The County will need to match the other 10%.

In the Ambulance Report, the service is in the final phase of the Deaconess Hospital transition, and the Zoe heart monitors have been ordered and should be delivered by the end of the year.

There was no Sheriff’s Report submitted.

Coroner Chris Marsh said he has been able to watch costs and his department stayed $3,000 under budget this year.

A couple of representatives of Hope Trust addressed the board concerning the employee’s health insurance plan, which goes into effect on January first. There is no problem with using plum street pharmacy as a provider. Also, they talked to many of the county employees and signed up several. White is the 12th county in the state to enroll in this plan.

The Board approved the appointments of Richard Dosher as the commissioner to the mill shoals drainage District #3 for a two year term that will expire on the first Tuesday of September in 2019 and David Dosher to the board of review for a two year term running from December 1st 2016 to December 30th, 2018.

The resignation of Mike Ray from the Egyptian Health Department Board was accepted. A replacement will be voted on at the next meeting.

Also approved was a travel expense ordinance, the State’s Attorney Appellate Prosecutor’s resolution and they approved the annual county maintenance resolution, which totals $400,000 to pay bills.

Accepted was a renewal of liability insurance from H.C.C. through First Insurance. The total premium is $102,599.

An amendment to the 2017 budget was approved. $10,000 will be moved from the contingency fund to $4,000 for courthouse maintenance, $4,000 from maintenance to equipment and $2,000 from maintenance to grounds.

A resolution appropriating funds for the payment of the county engineer’s salary was also approved, as was a weight limit resolution, which allows them to close roads during winter.

The next 9-1-1 Board meeting will be Monday, January 16th at 6 p.m. at the Courthouse.

The next County Board meeting will be Tuesday, January 10th at 7 p.m.