Upcoming meetings of local government, there are two scheduled for next week. On Monday, the Grayville City Council will assemble. The council is expected to act on collective bargaining following an executive session. There also could be some action and will definitely be discussion during that executive session surrounding employment in the Parks and Police Departments. In new business, the council has listed the animal control ordinance on the agenda as well as a pay estimate for the water line replacement project.
CITY OF GRAYVILLE
MONDAY, MAY 10, 2021
CITY COUNCIL MEETING – 7:00 P.M.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
CALL TO ORDER
ROLL CALL: Mayor Thompson,
PURCHASE ORDER APPROVALS
RECOGNITION OF VISITORS:
POLICE CHIEF/UTILITY MANAGER REPORT
CITY ATTORNEY REPORT
5 ILCS 120/2(c)(2) Collective negotiation matters between the public body and its employees or their representatives, or deliberations concerning salary schedules for one or more classes of employees.
5 ILCS 120/2(c)(6). The setting of a price for sale or lease of property owned by the public body.
5 ILCS 120/2 (c) (1) The appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of employees of the Parks and Police Departments.
EXECUTIVE SESSION ACTION:
- Collective Bargaining Agreement Approval
- Lease or Purchase of Municipal Property – Option Agreement
- Action pertaining to employment in the Parks and Police Depts.
- Municipal Ordinance Violations and collection of fines
- 2nd Reading Ordinance No. 912 Amendment to Golf Cart Ordinance
- Water Leak Policy
- Eternal Flame
- 2nd Reading Ordinance No. 913 Update to Traffic Schedule
- Demolition Quotes and Demolition Program
- Update FY 2021 Budget
- 2nd Reading Ordinance No. 914 Setting Dates, Times and Places for Meetings
- Swimming Pool
- Concession Stand Lease
- Friends of Grayville – Pavilion
- Animal Control Ordinance
- Approve Pay Estimate #1 Water Line Replacement Project
- Approve MFT Resolution for Solar Flashing Stop Signs at 4-way Stop
Tuesday night, the White County Board will meet for their May get together. Charles “Skip” Land has apparently had enough of the White County Housing Board as his resignation is on the agenda. The board plans to replace him with Bonnie Remley. The board will also be discussing the public defender salary for the county. There are several County Tax Trustee parcels up for consideration. Members of the board are also expected to consider a resolution regarding local control of zoning and land use affairs. The White County Board meets in Courtroom A of the courthouse at 7pm. The full agenda is available by clicking White County Board Agenda