Barbara Marks and Kristen Land-Blaylock welcome 2nd grade students to the oldest house in Carmi and White County. John Craw built the original 2 room log house in 1814.
Kristin Land-Blaylock is showing the bed ropes in the Robinson-Stewart House to 2nd grade students. Bed ropes had to be tightened frequently to support the mattress. Thus the term ‘sleep tight’.
Following the tour, the students and their teachers were seated in the parlor at small tables with flowers provided by Steins and hosted by Historical Society member or other volunteer to listen to an explanation on the history of tea, a review of correct manners, and to enjoy hot tea and snacks prepared by the committee coordinated by Paula Pierson, Diane Jordan, Mary Ann Bax, Barbara Kearney, and Ranelle Hubele.
2nd grade students enjoyed tea with hostess Suellen Smith
Tours were conducted by Barbara Marks, Kristin Land-Blaylock, Camden Stewart, David Brown, and Ranelle Hubele.
Barbara Marks is telling 2nd grade students about herbs growing in the backyard garden at Robinson-Stewart House. The herb and flower garden is similar to one viewed in 100 year old snapshots discovered in the house.
Stories and explanations were provided by Mary Ann Bax, Stephanie Dennis, Connie Kisner, and Brenda Questell.
2nd grade students enjoyed tea with hostess Karen Ray.
The very important table host positions were filled by twenty five different persons who will be recognized later. This popular activity has been held every year since 2004 when it was initiated by then Board Member Marjorie Fechtig. 2nd grade students enjoyed tea with hostess Judith Williams