The Hamilton County Health Department was notified Thursday of 5 additional positive cases of COVID-19. They include:
- 1 female in her 20’s
- 1 male in his 70’s
- 2 females in their 80’s
- 1 female in her 90’s
- There have been 798 lab-confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 in Hamilton County.
- 17 people who were positive lab-confirmed cases passed away.
- 776 people have recovered.
- 5 people are isolating at home.
Hamilton County Health Department continues to investigate each case ensuring the isolation of the positive patient. In addition, Hamilton County Health Department places close contacts that have had exposure to the positive patient on quarantine for a minimum of 14 days. This would allow symptoms to develop and pass without posing risk to others. If you are contacted by public health officials, please respond promptly.
Close contacts may include individuals:
· Living in the same household as a sick person with COVID-19
· Caring for a sick person with COVID-19
· Being within six feet of a sick person with COVID-19 for about 15 minutes, OR
· Being in direct contact with secretions from a sick person with COVID-19 (e.g., being coughed on, kissing, sharing utensils, etc.)
As a precaution, if an individual has been tested for COVID-19, it’s advised they self-quarantine until their test results are received. If the test result is positive, that person will then be contacted by the Hamilton County Health Department.
The number of cases can be reduced by adhering to the Restore Illinois recommendations, wearing a mask, washing hands frequently, disinfecting commonly touched surfaces, and maintaining space of at least six feet from others.
The public is asked to follow and share trusted sources of information on COVID-19. The spread of incorrect information during disease outbreaks can lead people to take actions which may not be beneficial to their health or health of others. Refer to trusted sources such as Facebook page, Illinois Department of Public Health, and the CDC. The Illinois Department of Public Health has established a 24-hour COVID-19 hotline 1-800-889-3931.