In light of the Governor’s Stay-At-Home Order, we are postponing our Reduced Rate Lab Event and will reschedule it for a later date. We realize that this may cause a hardship to those of you who rely on these reduced rate labs to get the results that your medical provider utilizes for medication adjustment. We will do our best to reschedule this event as soon as possible.
Fairfield Memorial Hospital will continue to remain open for all of your healthcare needs. We are developing plans and processes for our providers to utilize telemedicine for those patients who needs can be met without a face-to-face visit. More information about this service is forthcoming.
We realize that many of you have anxiety over the ever changing situations and we want to reassure you that we will get thru this crisis a stronger and wiser community.
Stress during an infectious disease outbreak can include:
· Concern about your own health and the health of your loved ones
· Changes in sleep or eating patterns
· Difficulty sleeping or concentrating
· Worsening of chronic health problems
· Increased use of alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs
People with preexisting mental health conditions should continue with their treatment and be aware of new or worsening symptoms. Do not stop taking your medications as prescribed by your healthcare provider.
Things you can do to help your mental health:
· Take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news stories, including social media. Hearing about the pandemic repeatedly can be upsetting.
· Take care of your body. Take deep breaths, stretch, or meditate. Try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals, exercise regularly, get plenty of sleep, and avoid alcohol and drugs.
· Make time to unwind. Try to do some other activities you enjoy within the recommend guidelines.
· Connect with others. Talk with people you trust about your concerns and how you are feeling.
Call your healthcare provider if stress gets in the way of your daily activities for several days in a row. As with all things, this too shall pass but first we must take the needed steps to help this situation resolve sooner than later.