Public health officials are conducting an investigation of this case, by speaking with individuals who are deemed potential close contacts. As is protocol, public health officials may place other individuals on home quarantine if they are determined to have had significant exposure. Such individuals may not by symptomatic, but are quarantined for a period of time which allows symptoms to develop and pass, without posing risk to others. If you are contacted by public health officials, please respond promptly.
Close contacts may include individuals:
- Living in the same household as a sick person with COVID-19
- Caring for a sick person with COVID-19
- Being within 6 feet of a sick person with COVID-19 for about 10 minutes, OR
- Being in direct contact with secretions from a sick person with COVID-19 (e.g., being coughed on, kissing, sharing utensils, etc.).
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today announced 1,672 new cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 43 additional deaths.
– Cook County: 1 male 40s, 3 females 50s, 2 males 50s, 1 female 60s, 3 males 60s, 1 female 70s, 5 males 70s, 4 females 80s, 7 males 80s, 3 females 90s, 2 males 90s.
– DuPage County: 1 female 80s, 1 male 90s
– Kane County: 1 female 80s
– Lake County: 2 males 70s, 1 male 90s
– St. Clair County: 1 female 70s
– Will County: 1 male 30s, 1 male 60s, 2 females 80s
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 20,852 cases, including 720 deaths, in 86 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years.
*All data are provisional and will change.
COVID-19 shares many symptoms with more common respiratory diseases. If you have a fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider for further guidance. In addition, several COVID-19 hotlines have been established:
Egyptian Health Department is proud to partner with the State of Illinois to implement the Illinois Call4Calm line. For additional emotional support please text “TALK” to 552020. Also, for COVID updates delivered to your phone via text send a text to 312-550-3836.
Clinicians are there to answer questions, assess each caller and advise on next steps.
The number of COVID-19 cases in Illinois has risen dramatically over the past week. According to the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), on April 12, 2020, the confirmed total of COVID-19 in the State is 20,852 individuals.
The public is asked to follow and share trusted sources of information on COVID-19. The spread of incorrect information during disease outbreaks can lead people to take actions which may not be beneficial to their health or the health of others. Follow the CDC, IDPH, Illinois Coronavirus website, EHD websites and social media accounts for such trusted information. Public health officials will not be releasing more specific details about this individual due to privacy issues.