The City of Carmi, in conjunction with CJD E-Cycling, will host an electronics recycling event for Carmi and White County residents on Saturday, May 30, 2020 from 9am-noon at 520 North 3rd Street in Carmi. You should plan to unload yourself. CJD E-Cycling requests that you wear a mask upon leaving your vehicle.
Accepted items include:
- · CRT, Projection, Plasma, Flat Screen, Console TVs, & Flat screen monitors
- · Computers (towers and laptops), printers, cables and peripherals (keyboards, mice, etc.)
- · Fax machines, scanners, digital converter boxes, cable receivers, satellite receivers
- · Networking equipment, server, telecommunications, phones, cell phones, etc.
- · Medical equipment and all types of diagnostic equipment (Please call to verify equipment can be accepted.)
- · Industrial machinery and equipment
- · Electrical, cabling, communication machinery, and equipment
- · VCR, stereos, and audio/video equipment (including cable/satellite)
- · Home electronics, blenders, toasters, irons, etc.
- · Video game consoles, digital video disc player/recorders, portable digital music players
- · Non-ferrous metals
- · Metal office furniture (Metal Desks/File cabinets, etc.)
- · Air conditioners, refrigerators, and humidifiers
- · Old motors, non PCB type transformers and other electrical equipment
- · CRT monitor or & flat screen monitors
Items that will NOT be accepted include:
- · Alkaline Batteries
- · Car and rechargeable batteries and lead items
- · Light Bulbs
- · DVD’s, VHS’s, CD’s, or Cassette tapes
- · Radioactive materials & Flammable Materials
- · Hazardous Materials (Oil/Antifreeze/Paint)
- · Household Smoke Detectors i.e. smoke, gas, or carbon monoxide
- · Non-Electronics (Tires, wood, office waste, furniture, fiberglass, insulation, Roofing, or Dirt)
- · Explosives (Fire Arms/Ammunition/Shells)
- · PCBs (Capacitors/Transformers/Ballast)
- · Prescription medication, over the counter drugs, or illegal drugs within any equipment
- · Devices containing mercury
- · Equipment containing: asbestos, radioactive components, infectious, or pathological wastes
- · Other Hazardous Materials (Pesticides/Oil Filters/Air Bags/Lead/Mercury Switches)
Those with questions, or seeking additional information, should contact Holly at 618-384-2001 or by e-mail at [email protected] The City of Carmi would also like to remind local residents that dumping or leaving items at the site prior to or after recycling event will result in a fine from the City of Carmi.