Although there are many restrictions being put in place during this Covid-19 health scare, please make every attempt to support our local businesses.
Some alternative ways you can support businesses during this restrictive time:
1) Order carry out meals or delivery from our local restaurants. We have some awesome restaurants in our town, who employ many people. Even though dining in is not an option, most of them are offering carryout, curbside pickup and even delivery.
2) Some local businesses will still be open during this crisis and are working hard to ensure cleanliness and safety for customers.
3) Buy gift cards or gift certificates to use later.
4) Order ahead to avoid time in the store. Some businesses will gather up products for you ahead of time so you can avoid more time inside the location.
5) Consider helping an elderly neighbor or someone with a comprimised immune system, by shopping local for them or having a meal delivered to them.
6) Spread kindness. Let your local business owners and employees know that you are thinking of them during this trying time.
Over the course of the next few weeks, it is going to remain important to support these businesses that are dependent on our support for survival. We are a small town and are fortunate to have some wonderful local businesses. Let’s all work together to find ways to support them during this difficult time.
Carmi Chamber of Commerce