Fairfield Memorial Hospital serves as a cooling center for residents in Wayne County. The hospital cafeteria is open from 6:30 am to 8:30 pm for people needing relief from the extreme heat. Ice water and ice tea are available to all visitors. Fairfield Memorial Hospital continues to be a designated cooling center while temperatures or heat index remains high.
Keeping Cool Tips
· Stay in air-conditioned space at home, or at a cooling center.
· Drink lots of water and natural juices.
· Keep shades drawn and blinds closed.
· Stay out of the sun and avoid going out in the heat.
· Keep electric lights off or turned down.
· Take cool baths or showers.
· Wear loose, light cotton clothing.
· Do not eat heavy meals. Avoid cooking with your oven.
· Do not sit in a hot car, even for a short time. Never leave a child in a hot car.
· Check on family members, friends and neighbors to make sure they stay cool and safe.
· If you or anyone you know needs emergency medical attention, call 911.