City of Carmi, Illinois
City Council Meeting
City Council Chambers, 225 East Main Street
August 16, 2016 at 5:30 p.m.
1. Call to order by Mayor Pollard, Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Roll Call.
3. Approve August 2nd, 2016 Council Meeting Minutes.
4. Approve July 2016 Financial Reports for the City of Carmi and Light & Water Departments.
5. Approve and authorize August 2016 vendor invoices for the City of Carmi and Light & Water Departments.
6. Keith Botsch, City CPA and Auditor for the City of Carmi will present the 2015 Annual Audit, Financial Report for the fiscal year ending 12-31-2015.
7. For council consideration, discussion and possible approval:
a. TIF District
1.Inducement Resolution No. 08-16-16.1
2.Feasibility Resolution No. 08-16-16.2
3.Ordinance No. 1506 an Ordinance of the City of Carmi, Illinois authorizing the Establishment of Tax Increment Financing “Interested Parties” Registries and Adopting Registration Rules for these Registries
4.Keith Moran with Moran Economic Development presentation of Feasibility/Eligibility Study by MED
5.Motion to proceed with TIF Plan
6.Keith Moran with Moran Economic Development presentation of TIF Plan by MED
7.Motion to place the TIF Plan & Feasibility Study on file (10 days) and to approve sending the TIF Plan & Feasibility Study to all affected taxing districts
b. Review of water rates for the potential increase for City of Carmi Light & Water customers
c. City of Carmi Electrical Engineer David Coston to present Solomon Transformer purchase.
8. Reports and/or updates from Mayor Pollard
9. Reports from Standing Committees.
10. Business or comments from visitors.
11. Closed Session to discuss personnel and property issues with no action to follow.