The Carmi Police Department will be issuing a physical and written examination for the position of Patrolman on August 27, 2016 at the Carmi City Council Chambers, 225 East Main Street, Carmi Illinois. The Council Chambers are located across the street from the Carmi Police Department. Registration will begin at 8:30 AM with the physical (POWER) testing to begin at 9:00 AM and the written examination to be held at 1:00 PM. The purpose of testing is to update the eligibility list of possible candidates.
Anyone wishing to participate in testing must complete and return an application by Friday August 19, 2016. Applications may be picked up at the Carmi Police Department located at 108 North Main Cross St., Carmi, Illinois, between the hours of 7:30 AM and 3:30 PM Monday through Friday.
The Following are the requirements for the position of patrolman
1) Must have reached his/her 21st birthday.
2) Applicants with no prior police experience or active military service must not be older than 35. Current or former full time police officers from this or any other state have no age limitation other than the mandatory retirement age. Active military service will extend the age limit by one year for each year of service to a maximum of 10 years.
3) Must not have been convicted of any felony or certain misdemeanors.
4) Must possess a high school diploma or its equivalent.
5) Must not have suffered an amputation of any limb.
6) Must not be classified as a conscientious objector.
7) Must meet minimum physical fitness standards as set forth in the Peace Officer Wellness Evaluation Report (POWER) tests.
-Board of Fire and Police Commission