City of Carmi, Illinois
City Council Meeting
City Council Chambers, 225 East Main Street
June 21, 2016 at 5:30 p.m.
1. Call to order by Mayor Pollard, Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Roll Call.
3. Approve June 7th, 2016 Council Meeting Minutes.
4. Approve May 2016 Financial Reports for the City of Carmi and Light & Water Departments.
5. Approve and authorize June 2016 vendor invoices for the City of Carmi and Light & Water Departments.
6. For council consideration, discussion and possible approval:
a) Holly Healy with Carmi Chamber of Commerce will ask council to consider donation to the 4th of July fireworks display.
b) Resolution 6-21-16, a resolution for “Re-routing of traffic…” for the Kiwanis Club Annual Corn Days celebration to be held October 7 and 8, 2016.
c) Ordinance No. 1504, an ordinance establishing Prevailing Wage for the City of Carmi, County of White, State of Illinois.
d) Keith Moran, with Moran Economic Development
a. Approval for an Agreement for Technical Services and Assistance for the Enterprise Zone Application.
b. Approval for an Agreement for Professional Services for Establishment of Tax Increment Financing Area #2.
e) David Coston, City Electrical Engineer asking for approval for a contract with Duke Energy to replace the lower bus switchgear and maintain all high voltage electrical switchgear at the City of Carmi Light Plant.
7. Reports and/or updates from Mayor Pollard
8. Reports from Standing Committees.
9. Business or comments from visitors.
10. Closed Session to discuss personnel and property issues with no action to follow.