City of Carmi, Illinois
City Council Meeting
City Council Chambers, 225 East Main Street
November 15, 2016 at 5:30 p.m.
1. Call to order by Mayor Pollard, Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Roll Call.
3. Approve November 1st, 2016 Council Meeting Minutes.
4. Approve October 2016 Financial Reports for the City of Carmi and Light & Water Departments.
5. Approve and authorize November 2016 vendor invoices for the City of Carmi and Light & Water Departments.
6. For council consideration, discussion and possible approval:
a) Ordinance No. 1512, the Annual Property Tax Levy for the fiscal year January 1, 2016 through December 31, 2016 presented by City CPA Keith Botsch.
b) Ordinance No. 1513, Abating the 2016 Tax Levy for Payment of General Obligation Bonds, Series 2011A and Certificate of Abatement. (Note: There will be no tax levy for the electric system bond issue.)
c) Ordinance No. 1514, Abating the 2016 Tax Levy for Payment of General Obligation Bonds, Series 2011B and Certificate of Abatement. (Note: There will be no tax levy for the water system bond issue.)
d) Ordinance No. 1515, an Ordinance Approving the Carmi Tax Increment Financing II Redevelopment Plan and Redevelopment Project.
e) Ordinance No. 1516, an Ordinance Designating the Carmi Tax Increment Financing II Redevelopment Project Area.
f) Ordinance No. 1517, an Ordinance Adopting Tax Increment Financing.
g) Ordinance No. 1518, an Ordinance Establishing an Enterprise Zone within the City of Carmi.
h) Intergovernmental Agreement Between the City of Carmi, the City of Grayville, the City of Albion, The County of White, and the County of Edwards.
i) Bids for excess, unused equipment.
7. Reports and/or updates from Mayor Pollard
8. Reports from Standing Committees.
9. Business or comments from visitors.
10. Closed Session to discuss personnel and property issues with no action to follow.