City of Carmi, Illinois
City Council Meeting
City Council Chambers, 225 East Main Street
July 5, 2016 at 5:30 p.m.
1. Call to order by Mayor Pollard, Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Roll Call.
3. Approve June 21, 2016 Council Meeting Minutes
4. For council consideration, discussion and possible approval:
a) Resolution 07-05-16, a resolution of the Carmi City Council officially naming the newly acquired 66 acres of recreational space bordering the west boundary of Burrell Park and Campground as “Burrell Woods Bicentennial Park.”
b) Ordinance No. 1488.2 , an ordinance amending ordinance numbers 1039, 1061 and 1444 and specifically section 21-2-8 of article two (License, Classes, Fees, Limits.) *Formality due to duplicated Ordinance No. 1488, ordinance originally passed on 09/15/2015.
c) Ordinance No. 1505, an ordinance establishing a system for the licensing of organizations to operate raffles in the City of Carmi, Illinois. Rescinding Ordinance No. 1489.
5. Reports and/or updates from Mayor Pollard.
6. Reports from Standing Committees.
7. Business or comments from visitors.
8. Closed Session to discuss personnel and property issues with no action to follow.