City of Carmi, Illinois
City Council Meeting
City Council Chambers, 225 East Main Street
September 6, 2016 at 5:30 p.m.
1. Call to order by Mayor Pollard, Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Roll Call.
3. Approve August 16, 2016 Council Meeting Minutes
4. For council consideration, discussion and possible approval:
a) Ordinance No. 1507, an Ordinance to Set Date for a Public Hearing for the City of Carmi Tax Increment Financing Redevelopment Plan and Project.
b) Ordinance No. 1508, an Ordinance Prescribing Rates and Charges for Water Sold and Furnished by the City of Carmi, Illinois, from its Municipal Water Works and Distribution System, to Consumers of Said System.
c) Ordinance No. 1509, an Ordinance Authorizing the Creation of a Flat Rate $4.00 Monthly Water Meter Charge to Direct Billed Water Purchasers and Consumers from the Municipal Waterworks and Distribution System of the City of Carmi.
d) Collection of Final Notices and Entering an Intergovernmental Agreement between the City of Carmi, Illinois and Illinois State Comptroller for the Debt Recovery Program.
e) Creating an Ordinance that allows an Alderman that is absent from a council meeting to be able to participate and vote at said meeting through electronic means.
5. Reports and/or updates from Mayor Pollard.
6. Reports from Standing Committees.
7. Business or comments from visitors.
8. Closed Session to discuss personnel and property issues with no action to follow.