The American Red Cross Central and Southern Illinois Region is currently seeking individuals to serve as full-time AmeriCorps team members. Anyone looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the community while gaining new skills and experiences is encouraged to apply. AmeriCorps team members work with the Red Cross helping to empower residents to prepare and recover from disasters.
“AmeriCorps team members play a critical role in helping the Red Cross teach people about disaster preparedness and recovery,” said Alyssa Pollock, Regional Disaster Officer for the American Red Cross Central and Southern Illinois. “AmeriCorps team members gain valuable skills through the program and it is a rewarding experience because you are helping others.”
The American Red Cross Central and Southern Illinois Region currently has AmeriCorps team member openings in Bloomington, Moline, Peoria, Quincy and Springfield. Team members will serve from August 22, 2016 to July 22, 2017.
- Invaluable experience from a nationally and internationally-respected organization for school, a future job or new career
- Extensive training
- $5,775 AmeriCorps Education Award (upon successful completion of service term commitment and 1700 hours of service)
- Living stipend paid bi-weekly
- Basic Health Insurance for AmeriCorps member
- Subsidized childcare
- Student loan forbearance (on qualifying loans)
- Successfully serve in the position, serve 35 hours a week and meet the 1700 minimum requirement for a full term of service
- Be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
- Must be 18 years of age at the start date of service
- Have a valid Driver’s License & clean driving record
- Pass required criminal background checks
- Members should also be comfortable working with a wide variety of people from all walks of life and backgrounds, and respect the American Red Cross fundamental principles.
TO APPLY: Submit application to: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=68556&fromSearch=true