WITHERS BROADCASTING COMPANY OF CARMI, ILLINOIS EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY FILE REPORT ~ 7/31/12
This is the report required by the Federal Communications Commission for broadcast station employment units with five or more full time employees. It is to be included in our public file on or before August 1, 2012. Our employment unit consists of WRUL-FM and WROY-AM radio stations in Carmi, Illinois.
Period covered: August, 2011 - July, 2012
I. LIST OF FULL-TIME JOB VACANCIES FILLED BY OUR EMPLOYMENT UNIT DURING THE PERIOD (BY JOB TITLE/DATE OF HIRE).
1. Account Executive 2/20/2012
2. Account Executive 6/25/12
II. RECRUITMENT SOURCE FOR FILLING EACH OF THE FOREGOING JOB CATEGORIES.
1. Radio ad
2. employee referral
III. RECRUITMENT SOURCE WHICH REFERRED EACH OF THE HIRES FOR THE VACANCIES LISTED ABOVE:
2. station employee
IV. DATA REFLECTING THE TOTAL NUMBER OF PERSONS INTERVIEWED FOR FULL-TIME VACANCIES DURING THE PERIOD COVERED BY THIS REPORT, AND THE TOTAL NUMBER OF INTERVIEWEES REFERRED BY EACH RECRUITMENT SOURCE UTILIZED IN CONNECTION WITH SUCH VACANCIES:
1. 3 INTERVIEWED
A. EMPLOYEE REFERRAL
B. REFERRED BY RADIO STATION RECRUITMENT AD (HIREE)
C. EMPLOYEE REFERRAL
2. 1 INTERVIEWED
A. EMPLOYEE REFERRAL (HIREE)
V. DESCRIPTION OF INITIATIVES TAKEN BY OUR EMPLOYMENT UNIT TO THE COMPLY WITH FCC RULES:
1. Dissemination of employment information to currently 15 employment agencies, educational institutions, etc.
2. WRUL-FM /WROY-AM participate in local events and festivals, distribute information about itself and employment opportunities. Examples of such local events and festivals are the White County Fair, Corn Days Festival and annual Relay for Life.
3. As part of Withers Broadcasting, we have a network of professionals we can use as a recruitment source. We make employees of our sister stations aware when we have a vacancy, in effect creating a regional in house recruitment agency.
4. On the job training. WRUL-FM and WROY-AM provide on the job training to enhance the skills of it's employees. Our practices include hiring part time employees, training and working with them to enhance their skills and abilities. We then encourage them to apply for full time positions when they come open.
5. In addition, WROY/WRUL increasingly utilize online job banks.