George Clooney and Amal Clooney are donating $500,000 in their 8-month-old twins Ella and Alexander’s names to the upcoming “March for Our Lives” event, which they also plan to attend.
The March has been planned in the wake of the Stoneman Douglas High School mass shooting.
- “Amal and I are so inspired by the courage and eloquence of these young men and women from Stoneman Douglas High School,” George said in a statement. “Our family will be there on March 24 to stand side by side with this incredible generation of young people from all over the country, and in the name of our children Ella and Alexander, we’re donating $500,000 to help pay for this groundbreaking event.”
- He added, “Our children’s lives depend on it.”
- Five teenagers who survived the mass shooting have announced the march on D.C. scheduled for March 24th. They are calling for stricter gun laws after 17 of their fellow students were gunned down.
- This isn’t the first time the Clooneys have opened their wallets for a cause. Last August they donated $1 million to the Southern Poverty Law Center after the deadly Charlottesville white supremacist rally.
- In the wake of all of his recent philanthropic activity, The Drudge Report floated the possibility of a Clooney presidential run.
- Fox News host and President Trump supporter Sean Hannity supported the notion on his Tuesday radio show, saying: “My attitude is, ‘Run, George, run.’ If George Clooney wants to run, I’m all for it.”